2017 marks the tenth anniversary of the release of Rodrigo y Gabriela’s breakthrough self-titled album. To celebrate the occasion, the acclaimed Mexican duo have remastered the album and dipped into their archive to share a scintillating live CD/DVD. “Rodrigo y Gabriela” was produced by Rodrigo and Gabriela with John Leckie, best known for his work with Radiohead and The Stone Roses. Affectionately known to fans as “the Crocodile album," the record has gone on to sell 750,000 copies worldwide.
- 180g audiophile black vinyl. 2LP: “Rodrigo y Gabriela” (9 track 2016 remaster) and “Live at The Olympia Theatre 2006”. Album download card included.
- The new remaster was done by Robyn Robins, who mastered the original album in 2006.
- The album download includes two previously unreleased studio tracks from the original John Leckie sessions - "Senorita XXX" and ‘Amuleto".
- The live album was recorded during a string of shows at The Olympia Theatre in Dublin to coincide with their Irish triumph in 2006, performing tracks from the new album as well as their back catalog.
- First 300 physical pre-orders will receive an insert autographed by Rod y Gab
- All pre-orders receive an early digital download of the album on Monday, May 1
- All pre-orders receive an instant download of the new track "Satori (Live at The Olympic Theatre)”
- All Vinyl orders will ship on or around May 26